- Tarptents are fully guaranteed, to the original purchaser from Tarptent or authorized Tarptent distributor, against fabric and workmanship failure. We stand behind every Tarptent and will make every effort to repair or replace products that fail due to defects in workmanship or materials. Normal wear and tear repairs will be done on a “non-profit” basis and we will provide a price quote before beginning the work. In many cases, we charge only for the return shipping. Our return policy is defined below:
- The purchaser of a Tarptent may return a new, unused Tarptent for a full refund, not including the original shipping charge, within 30 days of receipt if not satisfied.
- Returns involving more than one tent will incur a 10% restocking fee on all returned tents.
- A lightly used Tarptent shelter may be returned for a partial refund, to be determined upon examination, within 30 days of receipt if all of the following criteria are met:
a. The Tarptent is in excellent condition and has no visible wear, dirt, hair, or smell.
b. The Tarptent shelter is returned to Tarptent neatly folded and assembled in the original condition in which it was sent.
- All other returns requested outside of 30 days of receipt will be evaluated on a case by case basis. If a refund is issued, the amount refunded will depend on the condition of the returned shelter.
Please contact us BEFORE sending.
- Tarptents seam-sealed with urethane or any product other than silicone (as per the Tarptent the seam-sealing video) will NOT be accepted for return. Tarptents seam-sealed by the customer will be evaluated for correct application prior to refund.
- Lightweight stakes are designed to be inserted and removed by hand and are not warrantied against breakage due to striking with feet or rocks. Returned stakes will be evaluated for wear and may not be given full credit.
- Dyneema® fabrics are fundamentally different than silicone-coated nylon and polyester fabrics. The laminate is inherently irregular and close inspection will reveal lines and color discontinuities not present in other coated fabrics. These visual breaks are not considered defects. If you are unsatisfied with the nature of Dyneema® you may, of course, return it within the 30-day window.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please feel free to contact us.