Lightweight with room for up to 3 + gear | Fast and easy 4-stake setup | 4.5 in/11 cm high bathtub floor | Dual arches provide excellent headroom and steep walls | Dual doors and dual vestibules with integrated vents | Both vestibules can tie up for increased airflow and views | Optional 3rd poles provides additional support for high winds or moderate snow | Optional liner protects against condensation, add some warmth and provides reflective cooling in direct sun.
- Sleeps: 3
- Seasons: 3+
- Weight: 52 oz/ 1.5kg
- Height: 40 in/ 102 cm
- Floor width: 62/ 157 cm
- Floor length: 86 in/ 218 cm
- Stakes: 4 (included) + Stake bag
- Packed size (inches): 20 in x 4in x 4 in ( 51 cm x 10 cm x10 cm)
Every Tarptent needs to be seam-sealed before use!
- We offer seam-sealing kits ($6-$8) containing premix silicone, a foam brush, and a latex glove which can be ordered below in "Related Products."
- An inexpensive product that we recommend is GE Silicone II clear sealer/glue. It is available as a squeeze tube in most US hardware stores or in our webstore.
- We also offer seam-sealing as a service. Please note that seam-sealing is weather dependent and ordering this service may add over a week to the wait time.
Trouble viewing? Videos also available on YouTube
The 3rd pole is recommended for use in high wind and/or snowy conditions. For general use, the 3rd pole is not typically needed.
The structure will withstand light to moderate snow loading with optional 3rd pole.
Yes! Please refer to the How to seam-seal video to see the full procedure.
You have several options for seam-sealing your Tarptent:
Every Tarptent comes with a stuff sack, aluminum stakes+stake bag and the necessary guyline cording. The Cloudburst 3 also includes dual aluminum arch poles.
Yes, we use “no-see-um” netting which stops bugs quite a bit smaller than mosquitoes.
Yes, the fabric is waterproof, however the seams of the shelter need to be seam-sealed.
Use of a groundsheet depends on the conditions you expect to encounter and your style of camping. The sewn-in flooring is remarkably tough and does not usually require a separate groundsheet. We sell optional Tyvek groundsheets which are very tough and great for sleeping out or taking a break, but generally heavier than you need for floor protection on longer hikes, in most conditions. For use on very rocky ground and desert conditions where puncture wounds are possible, a groundsheet is recommended.
- Product Code: 139
- Availability: Out Of Stock