Exceptionally light with room for two + gear | Very fast, 6-stake setup | Excellent ventilation and storm resistance | Full bathtub flooring and bug-proof enclosure | storm flaps and vestibules close for privacy, storm protection, and gear space |Use your hiking poles (recommended) for setup or select optional 8.5 oz / 240g front pole set and/or 2 oz / 60 g rear pole set. The optional front pole is 0.49 in / 1.2 cm diameter tubing and nearly the stiffness of a standard trekking pole.
- Sleeps: 2
- Seasons: 3
- Weight : 36 oz / 1 kg
- Height : 45 in / 24 in ( 114 cm / 61 cm)
- Floor Width : 50 in (127 cm)
- Floor Length : 84 in / 213 cm
- Stakes: 6 (included)
- Packed size : 16 x 4 x 4 / 41 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm
Every Tarptent needs to be seam-sealed before use!
- We offer seam-sealing kits ($6-$8) containing premix silicone, a foam brush, and a latex glove which can be ordered below in "Related Products."
- An inexpensive product that we recommend is GE Silicone II clear sealer/glue. It is available as a squeeze tube in most US hardware stores or in our webstore.
- We also offer seam-sealing as a service. Please note that seam-sealing is weather dependent and ordering this service may add over a week to the wait time.
3D rotation with 6 ft / 1.83 m scale humans
This shelter was designed to be used with trekking poles. For non-trekking pole users, we offer an optional set of 4 1/4 oz / 120 g poles (8.5 oz / pair) for the front and 1-ounce pole ( 2 oz / pair) for the rear.
Yes, The Saddle 2 has no over internal structure and therefore can be stuffed or rolled into any compartment or pack.
Yes! Please refer to the How to seam-seal video to see the full procedure.
You have several options for seam-sealing your Tarptent which are available for purchase in our webstore:
- We offer seam-sealing kits ($6-$8) containing premix silicone, a foam brush, and a latex glove in the webstore.
- We also offer seam-sealing as a service. Please note that seam-sealing is weather dependent and ordering this service may add a few days to the wait time.
- You should be able to buy the necessary materials for seam-sealing at your local hardware store. An inexpensive product that works well is GE Silicone II clear sealer/glue. It is available as a squeeze tube in most US hardware stores or in our webstore.
Every Tarptent comes with a stuff sack, aluminum stakes+stake bag and the necessary guyline cording. The ProTrail is designed for trekking poles but optional poles are available for purchase for non-trekking pole users.
Yes, we use “no-see-um” netting which stops bugs quite a bit smaller than mosquitoes.
Yes, the fabric is waterproof, however the seams of the shelter need to be seam-sealed.
Use of a groundsheet depends on the conditions you expect to encounter and your style of camping. The sewn-in flooring is remarkably tough and does not usually require a separate groundsheet. We sell optional Tyvek groundsheets which are very tough and great for sleeping out or taking a break, but generally heavier than you need for floor protection on longer hikes, in most conditions. For use on very rocky ground and desert conditions where puncture wounds are possible, a groundsheet is recommended.
- Product Code: 156
- Availability: In Stock