Exceptionally light, with room for three + gear | Designed to be used with trekking poles* but optional poles available** | Extended front beak provides privacy, additional sheltered space and excellent storm protection | Extended sewn-in flooring clips up to tent corners to protect against pooling water and splashing
*We recommend one or two trekking poles for supporting the front.
**If you intend to use the Rainshadow 2 without trekking poles, our lightweight front pole (2.5 oz / 56 g) is fine for low to moderate winds. We recommend two of our lightweight front poles for maximum wind performance.
• Sleeps: 3
• Seasons: 3
• Weight : 42 oz / 1/19 kg
• Height : 48 in /27 in (122 cm / 69 cm)
• Width : 92 in /75 in (234 cm / 190.5 cm)
• Length : 94 in / 239 cm
• Stakes: 4 (included)
• Packed size : 20 in x 4 in x 4 in / 51 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm
Every Tarptent needs to be seam-sealed before use!
• We offer seam-sealing kits ($6-$8) containing premix silicone, a foam brush, and a latex glove which can be ordered below in "Related Products."
• An inexpensive product that we recommend is GE Silicone II clear sealer/glue. It is available as a squeeze tube in most US hardware stores or in our webstore.
• We also offer seam-sealing as a service. Please note that seam-sealing is weather dependent and ordering this service may add to the wait time.
3D rotation with 6 ft / 1.83 m scale humans
This shelter was designed to be used with trekking poles, but an alternate pole set is available for purchase.
Yes, if you remove the top aluminum strut.
Yes! Please refer to the How to seam-seal video to see the full procedure.
You have several options for seam-sealing your Tarptent which are available for purchase in our webstore:
Every Tarptent comes with a stuff sack, aluminum stakes+stake bag and the necessary guyline cording. The Rainshadow 2 comes with an aluminum arch pole for the rear of the shelter. This shelter was designed to be used with trekking poles, but additional front poles may be purchased for non-trekking pole users.
Yes, we use “no-see-um” netting which stops bugs quite a bit smaller than mosquitoes.
Yes, the fabric is waterproof, however the seams of the shelter need to be seam-sealed.
Use of a groundsheet depends on the conditions you expect to encounter and your style of camping. The sewn-in flooring is remarkably tough and does not usually require a separate groundsheet. We sell optional Tyvek groundsheets which are very tough and great for sleeping out or taking a break, but generally heavier than you need for floor protection on longer hikes, in most conditions. For use on very rocky ground and desert conditions where puncture wounds are possible, a groundsheet is recommended.
- Product Code: 144
- Availability: In Stock