Exceptionally light with room for one + gear or two people in a pinch | Very fast, 4-stake setup | Excellent ventilation and storm resistance | Full bathtub flooring and bug-proof enclosure | Interior storm flap and front vestibule close for privacy, storm protection, and gear space |Use your hiking poles (recommended) for setup or select optional 4 oz / 113 cm front pole and/or 1 oz / 28 g rear pole. The optional front pole is 0.49 in / 1.2 cm diameter tubing and nearly the stiffness of a standard trekking pole.
- Sleeps: 1+
- Seasons: 3
- Weight : 26 oz / 737 g
- Height : 45 in / 24 in ( 114 cm / 61 cm)
- Floor Width : 42 in / 30 in (107 cm / 76 cm)
- Floor Length : 84 in / 213 cm
- Stakes: 4 (included)
- Packed size : 12 x 4 x 4 / 30 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm
Every Tarptent needs to be seam-sealed before use!
- We offer seam-sealing kits ($6-$8) containing premix silicone, a foam brush, and a latex glove which can be ordered below in "Related Products."
- An inexpensive product that we recommend is GE Silicone II clear sealer/glue. It is available as a squeeze tube in most US hardware stores or in our webstore.
- We also offer seam-sealing as a service. Please note that seam-sealing is weather dependent and ordering this service may add over a week to the wait time.
3D rotation with 6 ft / 1.83 m scale human
This shelter was designed to be used with trekking poles. For non-trekking pole users, we offer an optional 4 oz / 113 g pole for the front and 1-ounce pole for the rear.
Yes, the ProTrail does not have any internal structure and therefore can be "stuffed" into any compartment or pack.
Yes! Please refer to the How to seam-seal video to see the full procedure.
You have several options for seam-sealing your Tarptent which are available for purchase in our webstore:
Every Tarptent comes with a stuff sack, aluminum stakes+stake bag and the necessary guyline cording. The ProTrail is designed for trekking poles but optional poles are available for purchase for non-trekking pole users.
Yes, we use “no-see-um” netting which stops bugs quite a bit smaller than mosquitoes.
Yes, the fabric is waterproof, however the seams of the shelter need to be seam-sealed.
Use of a groundsheet depends on the conditions you expect to encounter and your style of camping. The sewn-in flooring is remarkably tough and does not usually require a separate groundsheet. We sell optional Tyvek groundsheets which are very tough and great for sleeping out or taking a break, but generally heavier than you need for floor protection on longer hikes, in most conditions. For use on very rocky ground and desert conditions where puncture wounds are possible, a groundsheet is recommended.
- Product Code: 164
- Availability: In Stock