Free-standing, double wall, double side entrances and vestibules. | Fits long wide pad + gear | Very fast setup | Excellent ventilation and storm resistance | Full bathtub flooring and bug-proof enclosure | storm flaps and vestibules close for privacy, storm protection, and gear space
- Sleeps: 1+
- Seasons: 3
- Weight : 37 oz / 1.1 kg
- Interior Height : 39 in / 99 cm
- Max Floor Width : 50 in (127 cm)
- Floor Length : 84 in / 213 cm
- Stakes: 2 (included)
- Packed size : 18 x 4 x 4 / 26 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm
Every Tarptent needs to be seam-sealed before use!
- We offer seam-sealing kits ($6-$8) containing premix silicone, a foam brush, and a latex glove which can be ordered below in "Related Products."
- An inexpensive product that we recommend is GE Silicone II clear sealer/glue. It is available as a squeeze tube in most US hardware stores or in our webstore.
- We also offer seam-sealing as a service. Please note that seam-sealing is weather dependent and ordering this service may add over a week to the wait time.
Trouble viewing? Videos also available on YouTube
Yes, the interior is easy to unclip and store separately.
Both models are arch pole supported and full double wall, double side entry. On the Moment DW, the arch pole runs across the entrances whereas it runs end to end on the Bowfin 1. The Bowfin 1 structure is free-standing whereas the Moment DW structure requires two stakes but can be free-standing with the optional crossing pole. The Bowfin 1 interior is wider through the middle at ground level and narrower at the apex. The Bowfin 1 structure is stronger in wind and better able to handle a light to medium snowfall. The Moment DW crossing ounces ( 7 oz/ 198g) adds snowloading support.
Yes! Please refer to the How to seam-seal video to see the full procedure.
You have several options for seam-sealing your Tarptent which are available for purchase in our webstore:
- We offer seam-sealing kits ($6-$8) containing premix silicone, a foam brush, and a latex glove in the webstore.
- We also offer seam-sealing as a service. Please note that seam-sealing is weather dependent and ordering this service may add a few days to the wait time.
- You should be able to buy the necessary materials for seam-sealing at your local hardware store. An inexpensive product that works well is GE Silicone II clear sealer/glue. It is available as a squeeze tube in most US hardware stores or in our webstore.
Every Tarptent comes with a stuff sack, aluminum stakes+stake bag and the necessary guyline cording. The ProTrail is designed for trekking poles but optional poles are available for purchase for non-trekking pole users.
Yes, we use “no-see-um” netting which stops bugs quite a bit smaller than mosquitoes.
Yes, the fabric is waterproof, however the seams of the shelter need to be seam-sealed.
Use of a groundsheet depends on the conditions you expect to encounter and your style of camping. The sewn-in flooring is remarkably tough and does not usually require a separate groundsheet. We sell optional Tyvek groundsheets which are very tough and great for sleeping out or taking a break, but generally heavier than you need for floor protection on longer hikes, in most conditions. For use on very rocky ground and desert conditions where puncture wounds are possible, a groundsheet is recommended.
- Product Code: 185
- Availability: In Stock